Google honors St. Andew’s Day 2013 with Saltire-strewn animated Doodle on 30th November 2013.It shows the typical Scottish Highlands.
St. Andrew’s Day is the feast day of Saint Andrew. It is celebrated on November 30 in Scotland. Saint Andrew is the patron saint of Scotland, and St. Andrew’s Day is Scotland’s official national day. In 2006, the Scottish Parliament designated St Andrew’s Day as an official bank holiday. Although most commonly associated with Scotland, at least in the English-speaking world, Saint Andrew is also the patron saint of Greece, Romania, Russia, Ukraine and the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople. In Germany, the feast day is celebrated as Andreasnacht („St Andrew’s Night“), in Austria with the custom of Andreasgebet („St Andrew’s Prayer“), and in Poland as Andrzejki
More informations on
Video from St. Andrew’s Day 2012 Google Doodle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUoXAX_7E1I
If you like Doodles and you want to see more, please subscribe to my channel.
Music: Long Road Ahead – MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
- St Andrew’s Day: The history, date, and traditions (scotsman.com)
- St Andrew’s Day marked with fluttering Saltires and Scottish scenery in colourful Google Doodle (independent.co.uk)
- St Andrew’s Day (sparhawkscottiedogs.com)
- St Andrews Day (wanderersintimeandplace.wordpress.com)
- Salmond and Cameron deliver St Andrew’s Day messages (scotsman.com)
- Family fun with St Andrew’s Day, Book Week and festive frolics (edinburgh.stv.tv)
- November 30 – Andrzejki and St Andrew… the long history of Polish-Scottish friendship (inside-poland.com)
- St Andrew’s Day (dianacranstoun.com)
- St. Andrews Day (heathfieldherald.com)